Monday 21 February 2011

Welcome Back



Hi everyone. After being away for more than a year, I'm back and ready to go again. A lot has been happening around the place including our building being painted, So my balcony is looking a bit different.
Aesthetically, I've now lost my blue wall and the rails are a dark grey. But the paint is nice and fresh, so I might wait for a bit before changing the colour again.
My plants weren't happy at all as they had to stay inside for a good part of six weeks as we didn't know when it was going to happen, and when they did start our section, it wasn't systematic so my poor plants were stuck in behind tinted glass all day. If they'd had feet, they'd have walked out. Instead, one sulked and lost all her leaves, all flowering stopped and parasites went on the rampage.
Once, the painters'd finished the main part, I spent a couple of days pruning, cleaning and getting rid of parasites. Then, finally, the painters finished completely and went away. The plants have now been trooped out and all have found homes. Some have gone back to their original spot. Most, however, have been given new ones. My Aloes and more hardy plants are now on the balcony next to my bedroom, where it is hotter and drier. Which has made more space for other plants that are starting to need more space of their own, including the Hibiscuses.
I've also been trying some more organic pesticides that I'll tell you about next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment